Vicky – An Experienced Dog Behaviour Practitioner & Trainer
Vicky is an experienced and qualified Canine Behaviour Practitioner and runs a training and behaviour consultation business. She is a full member of the Canine & Feline Behaviour Association, a Master Trainer with the Guild of Dog Trainers and an associate of the British Police & Services Canine Association. She has also achieved an honours pass with the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers on their instructor’s course.
For many years, Vicky’s passion for dogs has led her to focus on helping dog owners enjoy content, well-behaved dogs by offering training and behavioural advice for resolving unwanted and problematic behaviour in all breeds of dog.
Although Vicky no longer runs obedience classes, she spent many years running dog training classes teaching basic obedience along with the Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme from her purpose built premises, with consulting room, indoor training arena and pet store in Bedfordshire. Due to time constraints, Vicky now focusses on one to one training in public places and a favourite part of her work is visiting dog training classes and assisting with streamlining their training processes to increase results for their clients.
Vicky’s professional work with dogs, is wide and varied; as well as her full-time training and behavioural practice, Vicky is a prime contributor for displays and training days with her own dogs, who are trained in multiple disciplines. With her German Shepherd Dogs, she has been a regular with Three Counties Working Trials Club and their public displays at various events and along with her Rottweiler, has been involved in Working Dog displays for the National Dog Warden Association, Hampshire County Council as well as displays for private clients, schools and Television shows.
Vicky plays an integral part within the Dog Safety Education Executive (DogSEE) as a safety and training advisor, and within this remit she has also been instrumental in running training days for council workers, schools and housing associations along with Royal Mail, the Kennel Club and many others throughout London and the South East.
Vicky’s own pack comprises of a Rottweiler, a German Shepherd Dog, a German Spitz (Klein) and a little rescued Terrier mixed breed. She has competed in Working Trials, has completed the Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Gold awards and currently shows her Rottweiler in the breed ring.
Vicky’s qualifications consist of, amongst others, the National Dog Training Instructors Certificate and the Advanced Canine Behaviour and Psychology Diploma with the Pet Education Training & Behaviour Council.
Qualifications & Experience
Studied with the Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training
Qualifications & Certificates:
- Advanced PETbc Canine Behaviour and Training Diploma
- Professional Instructor Skills and Management
- Dog Handling and Training Skills
- Common Canine Behaviour Problems
- Advanced Common Canine Behaviour Problems
- Understanding Canine Aggression
- Advanced Dog on Dog Aggression
- Advanced Dog on Person Aggression
- Currently working towards a Masters Degree with Middlesex University in Canine Psychology
- Worked and trained at a show and breeding kennels.
- Has run successful obedience training classes, covering Kennel Club Good Citizen, for over 7 years.
- Tutors for the Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training on Level 4 and 5 courses and workshops.
- Delivers workshops for Dog Safety Education Executive in keeping people safe around dogs.
- Has been helping owners and their dogs achieve a happy and balanced relationship for over 10 years.
- Vicky has appeared on television as a Master Trainer and has also been integral in filming and appearing in a number of educational films, the first being the Canine Lifestyle presented by Ross McCarthy, the latest being the Guild of Dog Trainers new SMART Puppy Training DVD appearing as a master trainer throughout this film.